Glancing Hits have a chance to occur in several situations:
- When the attacking monster has an attribute that is weak against the target's attribute,
- When the attacking monster has a glancing hit harmful effect (debuff) on them,
- When the target has a passive that can cause glancing hits. (Molly, Devinodon)
If two or more of these criteria are met, the chance of a glancing hit rises accordingly.
- Glancing Hits are mutually exclusive with normal hits, Crushing Hits, and Critical Hits.
- Glancing Hits will decrease the damage by 30% and if the attacker has Attribute disadvantage, damage will be decreased additionally by 16%.
- Glancing Hits cannot activate almost all skill harmful effects (see exceptions below).
- Despair rune set effect does not activate on glancing hit.
Some attacks cannot be glancing hits:
- Any attack which deals no damage, can never be a glancing hit (Harmless Prank, Time to Loot).
- Attacks which deal fixed damage, can never be a glancing hit (Clean Shot, Extortion).
- Some attacks specify "this attack lands as a Crushing Hit" or similar (Fly Fly, North Star's Wisdom).
Some types of harmful effects can activate even on a glancing hit:
- All cool time resets can bypass glancing hits (Fiery Breath, Thunder Wield).
- Debuffs applied by passive skills can bypass glancing hits (Burning Whip, Frozen Body).
- Removing a buff from the enemy can bypass glancing hits (Archangels, Serpents, etc).