Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
Administrator abilities Edit
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Bureaucrat abilities Edit
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Who are this wiki's administrators? Edit
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat.
The following are this wiki's admin:
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator Edit
To become an administrator, please contact Beboper to formally make a request for adminship.
While there aren't any specific requirements that need to be met to be considered for adminship, it is strongly advised that candidates meet some of the following general criteria outlined:
- Intermediate proficiency in editing and using the wiki interface.
- This includes things like tables and templates.
- Active and dedicated.
- Candidates should generally expect to remain fairly active and engaged at the wiki. Generally, participating at least several times a week is recommended.
- Makes a positive impact in the community.
- Candidates should have made a significant and positive impact in the community in some way. This includes helping new users, contributing with information where needed, or participating actively in discussions and activities.
Additionally, candidates for adminship should be experienced editors who have contributed at the wiki for a significant amount of time. As such, newer users are generally not suitable for adminship.
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Rights removal for being inactive Edit
Administrators who are inactive for a certain amount of time will have their admin rights removed. After six months of a lack of editing, administrators will be considered inactive. After a period of nine months, inactive administrators will have their admin rights removed.
To receive admin rights back after removal due to being inactive, please contact Beboper.